Introducing the next generation Pocket Pal®, the Pocket Pal® X2 Sharpener and Survival Tool. Like the current Pocket Pal, the new X2 is lightweight, compact, and durable, but this new version comes with all the added features of a standard survival kit. It features the same COARSE and FINE pull-through sharpening slots and fold out, tapered diamond rod as the current Pocket Pal but adds a fire starter, compass, LED light, and survival whistle to its compact frame. It’s the perfect tool for backpackers, hikers, campers, and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
• Two pull-through sharpening slots sharpen both sides of a standard edge knife blade at the same time
• Works quickly to provide a durable, long-lasting cutting edge
• Preset sharpening angles for a consistent edge
• Tapered diamond rod sharpens serrations, gut hooks, and single-bevel knife blades
• Tapered rod stores in bottom of housing
• Push button LED light for increased visibility in low light conditions
• High pitched signal whistle to identify your location
• Compass for directional travel
• Fire starter with twice the spark of normal fire starting tools
• Sharpening slot can be used in combination with fire starter to make sparks
• Lightweight, compact, and durable housing
Abrasives: Carbides- Coarse/ Ceramic- Fine (1,000)/ Diamond Rod- Medium (400)
Click the "Download User Manual" button above for sharpening and care/storage instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: 1.) Some of our first production pieces of this item did not have the slot labels "CARBIDE" and "CERAMIC" printed on them. If you receive one of these pieces, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that we have since corrected this issue and have included an image in the collection of product shots showing what the slot labels will look like for your reference. If later you forget which slot is "CARBIDE" and which is "CERAMIC" on your product and can't reference the photo, use this rule as your guide. The slot to the left of the PULL arrow (when the arrow is pointing toward you) is the CARBIDE (Coarse) slot. The slot to the right of the PULL arrow is the CERAMIC (Fine) slot.
2.) You can only pull the knife blade or fire starter through the slots in the direction indicated for the abrasive components to be effective.
3.) The first time you use the fire stick you must remove the black protective coating from the rod before it will spark. Simply pull the fire starter through the CARBIDE slot 2 or 3 times using light downward pressure to remove this coating.