The Medium Arkansas Stone is the best general purpose sharpener of all the natural Arkansas Stones. This 6” Medium Arkansas Stone is mounted on a molded plastic base to make sharpening safe and easy. It is excellent for sharpening pocket knives, hunting and fishing knives, kitchen knives, and tools of all sizes, large or small.
- 6” Medium Arkansas Stone Sharpens Larger Knives and Tools
- Plastic Lid protects the stone
- Non-slip rubber feet
Abrasives: Arkansas Stone (1,000-1,200)
1. Put a small amount of Smith’s Honing Solution on your stone.
2. Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
3. Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
4. Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
5. Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
Cleaning your stones will keep the pores free of stone and metal particles. After each use, the Arkansas stones should be cleaned by scrubbing vigorously with water, liquid soap, and a stiff nylon brush.
6" Medium Natural Arkansas Sharpening Stone
Posted by NJ on 01/12/2015
Have been using this since 1980's on kitchen knives. Easy to use. Produces a very sharp, long-lasting edge. Don't forget to start by putting a bit of oil on the stone.
Posted by Spencer on 09/08/2013
I have been using this product since Iraq 2005 and have sharpened all my personal knives. Does not take much time at all to get a sharp edge on a blade. Great product but time to add more stones to this system.